We all know these past few years have been hard for so many…We can’t forget how hard they have been for children, teens and young adults socially, emotionally and mentally. Mental health is in a crisis state! Our children need support more than ever…..
Some signs that teens are struggling with stress or mental health issues. Here are some of them:
- Mood swings, irritability, anger and tearfulness1
- Changes in sleep, weight, eating habits or other everyday patterns12
- Loss of interest in the things they usually love or quitting activities that they enjoy12
- Headaches, upset stomach, chest pain or other physical complaints34
- Trouble with concentration, memory, or thinking clearly2
- Feeling sad, empty, hopeless, or worthless2
- Excessive worry or restlessness2
- Secretive and deceitful behavior or lying to parents5
- Sudden failing grades or poor school performance5
- Sleep issues such as insomnia, nightmares, or bedwetting34
If you want to learn more about these signs, you can visit the links below. If you are concerned about your teen’s well-being, you may want to talk to them and seek professional help.
1: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/Pages/Mental-Health-and-Teens-Watch-for-Danger-Signs.aspx 3: https://www.bgca.org/news-stories/2020/June/Warning-Signs-Kids-and-Teens-are-Stressed-and-How-to-Help 2: https://mhanational.org/know-signs-recognizing-mental-health-concerns-kids-and-teens 5: https://www.powerofpositivity.com/troubled-teen-counselors-explain-signs/ 4: https://www.verywellmind.com/signs-your-teen-is-stressed-out-2611336